Although often associated with men, testosterone is an important steroid hormone for both men and women health. As we get older, the testosterone level naturally produced by our body tends to decrease. Testosterone plays a key role in natural estrogen production, helps maintain bone and muscle mass, and it also helps maintain an optimal level of your libido.
One can use natural methods to increase testosterone levels and improve overall health without triggering an imbalance from the hormonal system in your body. It is well known that at the age of 27 the testosterone level at a man begins to decrease, and at the age of 36 will drop dramatically. So this is the reason why men should maintain testosterone at a high level, and succeeding in this with natural methods will be just perfect.
Although there are several ways to boost testosterone levels, testosterone hormone production is directly linked to the presence of specific nutrients. Men can adjust their diet by starting to introduce testosterone boosting foods for men. Here are some natural nutrition habits that you need to adjust in your daily diet in order to increase testosterone production:
- Pomegranate – is a red fruit used for centuries in traditional medicine. It has a high content of antioxidants, vitamin A, C, E and also Iron.Recent studies rely the fact that a glass of pomegranate juice a day can increase testosterone levels by 16-30% and will also lower blood pressure and keep an optimal level of the libido.
- Oysters – they contain significant amounts of zinc that cause natural growth of testosterone, libido and better sperm quality. Other natural sources of zinc include sardines, anchovies, pumpkin seeds and salmon.
- Olive oil – Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a very strong factor that by its consumption will lead at a higher level of testosterone. In a recent study, participants who consumed olive oil daily for 3 weeks had a 17-19% increase in testosterone levels.
- Coconut – Our body needs healthy fat to produce most of the hormones, including testosterone. Coconut helps our body to produce good cholesterol, helps reduce body fat and maintain an optimal weight. Reducing body weight is another natural way that improves testosterone production.
- Cruciferous vegetables– Broccoli and cauliflower can help the body to excrete excess estrogen (estradiol) and increase the amount of testosterone in some men by up to 50%.
- Whey protein – These proteins can restrict the production of cortisol and increase the effect of the already produced testosterone. Whey proteins can also stimulate testosterone production.
- Garlic – Even if garlic does not contain the nutrients needed to produce testosterone, it contains alicin, a compound that lowers cortisol levels in the body. With a low cortisol level, the body can use the testosterone resources already produced more efficiently.
Besides the above testosterone boosting foods for men, you should also pay special attention as well at other methods that increase testosterone production, such as: weight loss, physical exercise ( at least 3 times a week), adjusting zinc and vitamin D levels, reducing stress and the consumption of sugar and sweets.